Thursday, May 8, 2008

Through the woods

So it's been a while since I have posted anything, and I am excited to get the ball rolling again.
Two days ago I went back to my painting of the trees and touch it up a bit. Adding highlights, and little details to the trees I think its at a great place now and am about to call it finished. All I need to do now is add buds to the two little trees in the foreground. I am pleased with this piece, as it is the first large scale painting I have attempted.






3 comments:

Vincent Gorman said...

this is looking very nice. I like the moodiness. The small orange shrub thing is a nice addition as well. I wonder if it's possible to give the very background trees a glow or haze around the leaves at the top. It looks like they have some rim lighting right now, so maybe just punch that up with some soft glowiness. Good work!

Amy Kingman said...

Seeing the paintings in your studio the other day in real life was inspiring! Are any of your works for sale? Maybe you could make a post that is categorized "for sale" and keep it updated/edited with images of paintings you're willing to part with! You rock!

Jeran Guffey said...

Wow! This is an awesome piece of art. There is so much visual information the farther you look into to painting...all of those tree limbs! Nice!